Photoaging interacts with chronological aging and may appear to hasten the process of chronological aging. Photoaging may be responsible for the majority of age-associated changes in the skin appearance: uneven pigmentation, surface roughness, fine wrinkles, "age" or "liver" spots (lentigines) on the hands, dilated blood vessels, actinic keratoses.
Photoaging treatments can be started as young as 25 years old, to correct, prevent and delay the damage produced by exposure to the elements like sun, pollution, cigarettes, etc...
- Combining microdermabrasion with light therapy provides better receptivity to the light and will produce better results.
- Depending on the severity of the problem treated, a series of 5-10 treatments is usually necessary. (Remember, some of the sun damage did not happen overnight!)
- For faster results, Lumifacial therapy can be done 1 to 3 times per week.
- Microdermabrasion may be done once every 2 weeks.
While you cannot stop the effects of chronological aging, you can do something to inhibit the skin damage caused by excessive and chronic sun or cigarette exposure.
- To avoid skin damage from sun exposure, always use a sun screen with an SPF rating 15 or higher, wear a hat with a brim, and protective covering of arms and legs.
- Do not sunbathe. Avoid sun exposure between 10am and 4pm.
The use of Anti-aging creams like Yonka's Elastine Jour and other topical products is essential and has shown to improve and maintain results obtained with the Lumifacial Photoaging Treatments.
- Once a week a gentle exfoliating cream should be used like Gommage 303 or 305 by Yonka.
- Use a sun protections SPF 15 or greater daily
- Protect treated areas from exposure to the sun.
Sign up for our e-mail list and get free $15 on us!
View our menu of services.
View our current specials.
Instant online gift certificates.